44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Trek Online Forms...

Go down 
+9
Lexor90
Dietskittles
Latinumbar
Durgan
AlphaSquirrel
sprucebr
Vampyre
Kugis Borgir
Kudach
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Kudach

Kudach

Star Trek Online Forms... Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:37 am

So I have been on the Forms a lot lately and I have noticed that the commuity has been complaining about this and that with no end to it. Now im wondering what do you guys think of the game as of now. Like with the PvP, Bridge Officers, Ships, Content, the Ranks, Klingons, and those nice bridges. XD
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:10 am

Well, since I'm not in the beta, it's kinda hard to gauge where the game is at, but I will say this: the game is visually striking and that goes a long way. Everything I've seen and heard about the space game leads me to believe that it will be great, but I couldn't say whether or not I like it until I play it and the same goes for the ground game. STO probably won't go down in history as the greatest video game ever, it does look like an awful lot of fun.

Last edited by Kugis Borgir on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vampyre

Vampyre

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:22 am

After reading the artical on the bridges and having read all the articals and seen every screen shot i could find. I can say this.

From what it looks like not only is Cryptic keepinf with Lore of the Star Trek univers but at the same time not over complicating things by making up New ship designs that to be honest would never fit in the ST lore.

From the vids i have seen the game play looks great. No more sitting in a half or full circle around a boss and pounding it till its dead like in WoW and most MMO's but at the same time adding features like a working bridge that sooner or later you can customise. Also the way Crytpic handles its charter creation has always been better than the rest.

Ship battles seen to be spot on and though alot of people want to do this from the bridge and not an out side view would be nice I think it would over complicate things. Think car with only one window. Thats how ship battles would look like in the game. So they way it is now is just fine by me.

Ground battles are fast paced and will take miliatry tatics into a huge account. Ofcourse you can leroy jenkins around but when you can sweep or flank, Hide or cover fire, It makes the game fun. again nothing like most MMO style of combat, Hack and slash.

The ships look great. I love the idea that after some upgrades, a Maranda class ship would look nothing like the base model. The ship cunstomisation is by far the best feature i can not wait to try out. Hell even the NCC and ship name is entirly up to the player.

Over all despite the "STO fail" post i see on the STO site, I think the game will do just fine.

besides alot of the MMO hippies comair this game to WoW. Sadly the game play just by the vids i have seen is nothing like your traditional MMO. WoW is a bad example to use to compair this game with.
Back to top Go down
sprucebr

sprucebr

PostSubject: STO Formus   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:34 am

I don't see any problems. I'm sure there will be a learning curve, lol. So Far, So good. I just hope there's no extra micro-management.
Back to top Go down
AlphaSquirrel

AlphaSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:36 am

Vampyre wrote:
From what it looks like not only is Cryptic keepinf with Lore of the Star Trek univers but at the same time not over complicating things by making up New ship designs that to be honest would never fit in the ST lore.

This is the only part where I would disagree but it is a pretty moot point. STO continues the fanboi (and sometimes offical canon) trend of keeping the nacelles too close to living beings. When a ship goes into warp, the nacelles expel an energy burst that is supposed to be able to vaporize living tissue/whateva in a small bubble (thus why most ships have the nacelles further way from the ship). Regardless, moot point. Without breaking this ideal, we couldn't have the Defiant now could we? Very Happy

I'm super pumped about this and don't understand a lot of the negativity in the STO forums. Yes, I understand being upset that users weren't fully made aware of the CO-into-STO Beta details in full. Rage-worthy for a while. Yes, I understand being upset about the lack of info. Shrug-worthy. But a lot of the rest of it is just crap.
Back to top Go down
Kudach

Kudach

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:54 am

I'm just a little worried that there wont be enouph pvpers... because of some of the recent STO form posts
Back to top Go down
Durgan

Durgan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:55 am

Since almost all of us have preordered it I'm pretty sure were happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:57 am

Kudach wrote:
I'm just a little worried that there wont be enouph pvpers... because of some of the recent STO form posts

Well, as a fleet, we could always organize "war games" activity with each other. Not sure if the death penalty will be different with PVP
Back to top Go down
Durgan

Durgan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:00 am

Orginize things with allies as well i don't see pvping being a problem.
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:29 am

Like some of you feel, I don't understand what the big deal is.

If you want to PvP then PvP. If you don't then don't.

It's not that complicated.
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:03 pm

I say as long as they develop some kind of reward system for the PvP or episodes involving PvP then I am still all for it. I know that sounds a lot like WoW but you have to admit without the reward system and PvP quests the WoW PvP world wouldn't be so big in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:46 pm

HAHAHAHAH !!!
PvP = Player vs Pirate => Laughing Please,don't make me laugh.
I am the best. lol!
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Jack_Sparrow wrote:
HAHAHAHAH !!!
PvP = Player vs Pirate => Laughing Please,don't make me laugh.
I am the best. lol!

Somebodys had too much synthohol... Smile
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:01 pm

chickenbranches wrote:
Somebodys had too much synthohol... Smile

Well he is a pirate after all drunken
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:19 am

Just throwing in my two-cents, but frankly, I'm really enthusiastic about having sectors that people can just roam around, pick up some PvP on their long-range sensors and engage.
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:57 am

Kugis Borgir wrote:
Just throwing in my two-cents, but frankly, I'm really enthusiastic about having sectors that people can just roam around, pick up some PvP on their long-range sensors and engage.

I've never been much of a PvP'er, but now that you mention it, I might give it a go. =)

My first try will be a good exuse for getting owned...
Back to top Go down
Shahn

Shahn

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:24 am

lol same here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:45 am

Shahn wrote:
lol same here Very Happy

Good so I'm not the only one!

I know Cryptic mentioned that the Klingon side of the game would be more PvP oriented since they have the Federation and their own houses to fight against, but what about the Federation?

My guess is that Fed. players won't be ables to PvP against eachother, but does anyone know otherwise?
Back to top Go down
AlphaSquirrel

AlphaSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 4:55 am

I'll gladly PvP with the 44th and other allies I may make in the game. But I doubt I'll just freely enter the PvP at random. The average PvPer tends to be far to aggressive and/or dishonorable for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:59 am

My first PvP - Battle result : Draw = Both ships were destroyed in collision because the Captain of the USS Black Pearl was drunk and he tought that he is going on exploration of some kind of nebula.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shahn

Shahn

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 6:01 am

lol, that would b funny to see
Back to top Go down
Kudach

Kudach

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:19 pm

I love PvP XD it'll be great to gank Klingons in space
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Dietskittles wrote:
Shahn wrote:
lol same here Very Happy

Good so I'm not the only one!

I know Cryptic mentioned that the Klingon side of the game would be more PvP oriented since they have the Federation and their own houses to fight against, but what about the Federation?

My guess is that Fed. players won't be ables to PvP against eachother, but does anyone know otherwise?

I'm also guessing that the Feds won't be able to PvP against eachother, (unless they introduce some kind of holodeck/simulation mode) mostly to keep with cannon but also because I think Cryptic stated at one point that a player could get all the XP up to admiral just from PvP. Personally, I think that sounds pretty boring to do nothing but PvP, but the option (combined with the Klingons being more PvP oriented) ensures that anyone who wants to PvP will be able to AND it will actually help to advance your character through the game.

Does anyone know if Cryptic has released any information about PvP rewards? I'm almost 100% sure they will exist in some form or another, but I have no clue on any of the details.

AlphaSquirrel wrote:

I'll gladly PvP with the 44th and other allies I may make in the game. But I doubt I'll just freely enter the PvP at random. The average PvPer tends to be far to aggressive and/or dishonorable for my tastes.

I also plan to roll with the fleet and pick-up some PvP, perhaps we (the fleet) should even consider a designated time/day devoted specifically to large-scale PvP actions. Also, in regards to PvP players being aggressive and/or dishonorable, this is true, however to quote Worf, "Nothing is more honorable than victory." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Thanks for the input Kugis. The holodeck PvP scenarios seem like a good idea to me and the large fleet action PvP sounds like a lot of fun!

I don't know anything regarding rewards for PvP, sorry.
Back to top Go down
asrock

asrock

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:06 pm

I am looking forward to the game bounce you can't judge a game on how others think you have to form you own likes and dislikes. Alot of people like WOW, after a year of playing I think it sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://cgcomputerz.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online Forms...   Star Trek Online Forms... Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Online Forms...
Page 1 of 1