44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online Empty
PostSubject: Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online   Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:23 am

I figured it would be a good idea to mention in a place where everyone can easily see it that I recently posted links here in a recent fleet application for a website that I've been using for at least two years now to watch streaming Trek episodes online for free and it's served me well. Just in-case that link isn't working for whatever reason, here is a series of links for TNG, DS9 AND VOY.

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Star Trek: Voyager

If it is available for the episode you are trying to watch, I recommend watching it via tudou.com through the provided link because it will offer the best quality video despite it's slow load times. (Though the load times seem to have gotten much better since the last time I used this site.) The episodes will always be broken up into parts with tudou.com so I suggest opening all the parts in new tabs, pausing all the parts and go get a sandwich or something. By the time you get back, the first part of the episode should have loaded enough where you can just click play and start watching the episode from beginning to end with only a minor inconvenience of having to switch parts once or twice. It's also a good idea to load the first part of the next episode when you are on the last part of the episode you are currently watching to further minimize waiting for the video(s) to load. Feel free to post comments on what you think of these links or if you know of better places to watch Trek online.
Back to top Go down
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online   Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:21 am

I hate to sound negative but those two sites: tudou.com and 56.com are the crappiest sites around and lag like no tomorrow. I was disappointed when I couldn't watch Voyager there. Besides have all that japaneese writting on the screen as well very sad to see these two sites don't compare to Hulu or The Internet Movie Data Base. I wouldn't really recommend those sites. I have middle cable speed there should be no reason why the sites lag to the point where u cannot watch a full episode, very unhappy with them maybe it works for you but it does not for me. Sorry to have to say this but it's from my personal experience with them. I would use the above two I mentioned but as far as Voyager I have no idea which is a good site for that one.
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

PostSubject: Re: Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online   Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 am

The problem, there are no good sites to view these Voyager episodes. You can find some of them on youtube, but not all of them. This is the only place that I've found where you can view all episodes.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online   Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Carlitosway wrote:
... I have middle cable speed there should be no reason why the sites lag to the point where u cannot watch a full episode, very unhappy with them maybe it works for you but it does not for me. Sorry to have to say this but it's from my personal experience with them. ...

I can completely understand where your coming from*, these sites are by no means top of the line and have their problems, but I am not aware of any other websites that make so much Trek so easily available. Also, did you ever try pausing the videos and letting them load for a bit? It's been my experience that if one just gives it some time, then they play fine.** I also had some luck with veoh.com three or more years back, but they had a very limited selection in quality that was generally about the same as tudou.com and veoh made you register with them to watch a lot of their videos and download their software (which I suspect probably sold information about your viewing habits to people doing market research) and by the time everything was said and done I would rather just use tudou.

* (except for the Chinese (I suspect Mandarin specifically) subtitles, they don't bother me... but maybe that's just because I can occasionally recognize a character or two from my limited studies of Japanese and have fun mentally juggling various languages and how their cultures interpret words, phrase things differently and such)

** (it used to be about 15 min for the first part of an episode to load for me, I suspect because it's not easy to maintain a good signal from China, but it seems that tudou.com recently upgraded their gear and now I only have to pause for about five seconds before I can just click play and watch the episode from beginning to end without having to wait for it to load more, but that may be a regional thing)

EDIT: Also, I mainly posted these links because we have a few people in the fleet that are new to Trek and I figured this would be an excellent resource for anyone that didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on the DVDs, doesn't have a DVR/TiVo or want to tie-up their netflix queue for like a year or two to watch it all.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online   Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Even though these links aren't up to par with hulu or anything like that, I thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread for all the reasons listed above.

EDIT: At the time of this post, the thread was buried somewhere on the second page.
Back to top Go down
sealy

sealy

PostSubject: Re: Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online   Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online   Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Watching Star Trek TV Shows Online
Page 1 of 1