44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Other Star Trek Games

Go down 
+6
Carlitosway
Corregador
Kugis Borgir
waltflowers
Lexor90
chickenbranches
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

Other Star Trek Games Empty
PostSubject: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 9:43 pm

It is true that other games are not similar to sto so we cant "hone" our skills, however they usually contribute to the story line and may give info about the sto episodes. I have only played star trek armada and a very old game boy star trek game. I was wondering if anyone knew of another "good" star trek game if one exist. Need something to occupy time lol.
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 9:56 pm

Good is in the eye of the beholder. The Armada series of games were I think the best but if you like a game that is more slow paced simulation then starfleet command 3 isn't that bad but I own it and honestly I'd rather chew my hands off then play it again.
Back to top Go down
waltflowers

waltflowers

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 10:43 pm

starfleet command 3 was fun and played it alot online
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:48 pm

Even though the plots were sketchy at best, I really enjoyed both Elite Force games. I also enjoyed Armada II much more than the first one because it had a few additional gameplay elements... other than those the only one I can recommend in good conscience is Bridge Commander, which (in my opinion) is a fun game, but only while under the influence of alcohol or similar substances. Razz
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:06 am

kk, thx for the input.
Back to top Go down
Corregador

Corregador

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 2:46 am

I liked Star Fleet Academy, though I doubt it would work on anything newer than Windows 2000. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 5:55 am

Corregador wrote:
I liked Star Fleet Academy, though I doubt it would work on anything newer than Windows 2000. Smile

StarFleet Academy will work on Windows XP just not "Chekov's Lost Missions" Expansion. I know because I have the game and have tried it.
Back to top Go down
Dondead
Vice Admiral
Dondead

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:13 am

The Star Trek game that I’ve enjoyed and played the most, has to be Star Trek Next The Generation Birth of the Federation. Although Armada and Elite Force where also fun.
Back to top Go down
http://supersly.hyves.nl/blog/13214728/Social_Decay/mxYk/
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:24 am

My favorite is StarFleet Academy and Star Trek Armada I & II along with Bridge Commander and Elite Force.
I loved playing them as still do sometimes to this day, lol!
Back to top Go down
Dondead
Vice Admiral
Dondead

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:32 am

There were also two interactive movies, that I really enjoyed at the time (1996).
They won’t keep you occupied for long, but their fun nevertheless.
The first one is Star Trek: Borg, and the second one is Star Trek: Klingon.
Back to top Go down
http://supersly.hyves.nl/blog/13214728/Social_Decay/mxYk/
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:52 am

Ya I rem those the klingon one was funny as the camera shook when the klingon was making sure you understood what to do, very funny haha!
Back to top Go down
Shadowfox1701

Shadowfox1701

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:46 am

I just saw the new video they put out on the STO forums about starship combat. Looks to me like they are going with a Starfleet Command type of game play. If they make the interface similar to SFC:2 EaW I would be very happy. I mastered shield management early on in the game, which made me very frustrating to other players since they could never get many internal hits. However if they make it with SFC:3 interface then i' screwed. taking power from the other 3 facings to reinforce the one was a tactical disadvange i never could recover from. I liked both SFC:2 and 3 but i loved the "more complex" interface of SFC:2 as it gave me more to work with. I hope everyone has a nice day. I'm going to go stare at the warp core and fantasize about modding it till my next shift.

Hit hard, hit fast, and fly safe.
Back to top Go down
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:51 am

I never cared for the SFC 1,2 and 3 where ya have to move your ship on a map and have random encounters. To me not realistic enough like StarFleet Academy or Bridge Commander.
Back to top Go down
guinness

guinness

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Look up the fleet operations mod for armada 2. They reskinned it for dx9, they got an original race in there kinda like 8472/xindi. They are always adding new features, like hero class ships.

Hers the link

http://www.fleetops.net/

I can get you copies of armada2 client if need be.
Back to top Go down
Shadowfox1701

Shadowfox1701

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 pm

I loved Armada but not armada two. idk Armada 2 felt very unbalanced to me. However, I LOVED Bridge Commander. it took me a while to learn how to control the ship itself but once i did, I never got tired of Dive Bombing enemy ships and cramming torpedoes into their exposed dorsal hull. ^_^
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:18 pm

id love a copy of armade 2 if you can get it to me somehow lol. I bought it a long time ago and cant find the cd. Vamp said u may have a way for us to d/l it?
Back to top Go down
guinness

guinness

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:18 pm

Yep meant to host the rom the other night, but work called me in. I will host tonight, leave it up for a day or two.
Back to top Go down
guinness

guinness

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:46 pm

grr, anyone know of a site that will allow upload of a 500 meg file to be seeded for delivery.
Back to top Go down
offcaboose

offcaboose

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:48 pm

idk bout 500 .. but maybe split it into 5 parts of 100?

check rapidshare or megaupload
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Trek Games   Other Star Trek Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Other Star Trek Games
Page 1 of 1