44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Come On, Cryptic!

Go down 
+3
Intrepid
Latinumbar
Kugis Borgir
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Okay, so is it just me or does it seem like the last few updates to STO.com have been, to say the least, lacking? I mean it's one thing to just give us a few screenshots every week and little information other than that, but the Bridge Officer Update just seemed like a re-hash of what anyone who has read the interviews/forums already knows and the Latest Interview is in Russian. Come On! They could have at least provided a translation of that interview if they aren't going to do anything substantial in regards giving us more information about the game. It's been well over a week since they gave us anything even close to new information; throw us a bone, Cryptic!

EDIT: However if Cryptic is just biding their time before a huge update that actually tells us something substantial, all is forgiven. heh
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Ya. At least they could come out with another 'path to 2409' update. scratch
Back to top Go down
Intrepid
Admiral
Intrepid

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah im disappointed with the updates and the amount of info we are getting about the game, especially because beta seems really close. Anyways, at least its better than the SC2 website (offtopic i know, but another game i'm anticipating Razz )
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Intrepid wrote:
Yeah im disappointed with the updates and the amount of info we are getting about the game, especially because beta seems really close. Anyways, at least its better than the SC2 website (offtopic i know, but another game i'm anticipating Razz )

lol! Nobody does it better than Blizz when it comes to delaying release dates!
Back to top Go down
Intrepid
Admiral
Intrepid

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 7:44 pm

No one does it better than blizz period Very Happy

Its the only company i can rely and trust to produce good solid worthwhile games consistantly
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Other companies come to mind when I think of consistently solid/worthwhile games, but Blizz is at the top of the list for me too.
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 3:58 am

Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:16 am

I saw that earlier today, it had some juicy tidbits, but frankly I was hoping for a little more. Oh well, I take what I can get.
Back to top Go down
Ryzar0306

Ryzar0306

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Yeah, I was inside the chat yesterday, all excited, but nothing important was being said. Plus the forum on STO that was meant for the questions for the 2 topics that were supposed to be talked about wasn't even used. I had a question in there and everything, just waiting for the anser to my questions... Overall it was very lame. A few good bits of information, but not enough. I hope your assumption and hope is right about the BIG update Commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hobday
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Wow, just wow, more news along the lines of go, go, super Cryptic powers! I tried to check out the link to the new interview today, it's broken, hopefully it will get fixed later, but for now I just feel like starting a big ol' group of people slow-clapping for Cryptic.

EDIT: So that link eventually started working for me, but there wasn't all that much new information. :/
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:13 am

Well, this has got me psyched:

Quote :
Fleet actions - huge persistent attacks - where you've got to help a star base under attack by the Klingons: you're not going there by yourself, you know. You'll need 10, 15, 20 guys to get through.

and this:

Quote :
There is raid content; story-driven episodes for a hardcore team of five people; PvP content with a reward structure; high-end PvE exploration content with its own rewards.

not to mention this:

Quote :
We are taking beta applications now, and started taking them at the beginning of September. We are, um, just on the doorstep of going into closed beta. I don't know if it's alpha, but we do have people outside of the company already playing the game. We're in the home-stretch in terms of developing the game. We're definitely moving into the lock-down and feedback stage.

Link to the whole article:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/star-trek-online-interview_9
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 am

There were a few good tidbits in that article, but it would be nice if they could be just a little more specific on some of the gameplay aspects.
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 5:08 pm

So apparently, some of the devs are sick with the flu, maybe of swine variety. Would explain why they are so quiet this past week.

I wonder if they picked it up at PAX. There were about 100 confirmed cases of H1N1 in the attendees.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Heh, as much as I hate Family Guy since they un-canceled it, this reminds me of the one where they had the whole cast of TNG on there and that fat dude with the mumps.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: REDEMPTION!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:37 am

Okay, the subject of this post may be exaggerating a bit, but I am pleased with what seems to be a series of videos Cryptic is rolling out with.

http://startrekonline.com/node/444

It's not quite as nice as if they would tell us more about the actual game, but at least it's something that's presented well and is somewhat entertaining.

EDIT: Hey, it just hit me that we might be able to use some of the gameplay footage in these videos for the recruitment vid!
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:17 am

Kugis Borgir wrote:
EDIT: Hey, it just hit me that we might be able to use some of the gameplay footage in these videos for the recruitment vid!

Is there a way to edit out the people?
Back to top Go down
Ryzar0306

Ryzar0306

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Edit out what people? Like other characters? Probably with photoshop, but I would think the best way would be to wait till only a few people are on to record what you want. Also, i'm guessing there will be a way to hide names in the game.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Bleh, properly editing-out most of the people in that video would take a small legion of people editing videos and photos for weeks, unless there's some easy process for cutting-out people and having the environment automatically reconstruct itself that I've never heard of, which is entirely possible, but I still haven't heard of it yet. The only other ways I see around that particular issue (that I know of, but I bet there are other ways to deal with it) would be to crop the videos that have people in 'em or just select footage very carefully because there were plenty of landscape/space/no-NPC/no-player scenes in that video.
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Ah yes. I am ignorant when it comes to video editing. Uploading, I can do. Editing? Um, what's the difference between mp3 and mpeg? LOL.
Back to top Go down
Ryzar0306

Ryzar0306

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:53 pm

Yeah, i'm not very educated on video editing. Picture editing is a different story. It's a lot easier. You can take a picture of an area with no one in it and tht filter whoever you want to be in it, wherever you want.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Well, what I was getting at is that putting someone into a picture/video is easy, but taking them out is another story. From my understanding, if we wanted to remove someone from a video, we would have to take each frame in the video with people we want to remove, edit the frame as an image (by removing the person and reconstructing the environment by hand) and then when we have all our thousands and thousands of frames edited, we recompile all the images back into video. It would be sweet if we could pull that off, but there is just no way I (or probably anyone else in the fleet, for that matter, lol) am going to have the time to work on something like that unless we get at least twenty people that are all willing to take 2-5 seconds worth of video (that would be anywhere from thirty to one hundred and twenty images per person (depending on frame-rate) that would need to be edited by hand) and even then it would still probably take two to three weeks.
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:34 pm

Slow day. So once again, I say....

C'mon Cryptic! Exclamation

Or just give me a beta key, and I'll stop whining. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:35 pm

lol! I couldn't have said it better, myself.
Back to top Go down
kilmer

kilmer

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: come on, cryptic   Come On, Cryptic! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:15 pm

i want a key to but hay give it time and u will injoy the game more it looks good its sounds good so lets make the game good for all to play
Back to top Go down
Krulle

Krulle

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:44 am

beta keys are a myth, there i said it!

well at least they are till i see one in my email Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Come On, Cryptic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come On, Cryptic!   Come On, Cryptic! Empty

Back to top Go down

Come On, Cryptic!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next