44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More cool info I haven't seen until now.

Go down 
+8
Jack_Sparrow
Kugis Borgir
Latinumbar
Kudach
Dietskittles
chickenbranches
Shahn
BrelTurrin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BrelTurrin

BrelTurrin

More cool info I haven't seen until now. Empty
PostSubject: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:21 am

Here's an excerpt that I found the most informative, actual link to the article is below.

Quote :
The characters are divided into three core archetypes. These are, as mentioned, Tactical, Engineer and Science. Each of those three archetypes then has three careers off of it, where players can spec their skills as they choose.

For Tactical players these careers are: Soldier (damage), Security (defensive/tank), and Special Ops (stealth).

For Engineers, these careers are: Technician (Buff/debuff), Fabrication (turrets), and Combat (manipulation of the battlefield).

Finally, for Scientists, the options are: Researcher (Emitters, group buffs/debuffs), Scientist (individual buffs/debuffs) and Medical (healer).

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/352/feature/3780/page/1
Back to top Go down
Shahn

Shahn

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:27 am

wow great job on finding that it is intriguing, i will now probably be a tactical officer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:29 am

hmm this is interesting. I would like to see some confirmation from cryptic on this. I previously believe that engineers were tanks but this says otherwise so yea im not sure what to believe atm.
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 am

Special Ops? Thats totally my style! But so is science...hmmmm I'm already in the R&D Division so I'll stay.

Great find, but I agree with Chickenbranches. (not to pick on you or anything)

I mean you can't argue with a legit source.
Back to top Go down
Shahn

Shahn

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:44 am

still i think that this is a good "guide" to work out what career you will pursue.
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:57 am

Shahn wrote:
still i think that this is a good "guide" to work out what career you will pursue.

Possibly, I sure hope so. I'm still geeking out about it =)
Back to top Go down
Shahn

Shahn

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:59 am

your not the only one im boring my dad about it
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:08 am

Shahn wrote:
your not the only one im boring my dad about it

Lol keep it up! I'm the only one in my family that's actually a fan of Star Trek.

They usually have no idea what I'm talking about, Its kinda sad
Back to top Go down
Shahn

Shahn

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:12 am

my dad is a small Trekkie fan but he still gets boarded by me Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:23 am

Shahn wrote:
my dad is a small Trekkie fan but he still gets boarded by me Twisted Evil

Awww poor guy >=) I better get to bed, nice chatting with you! =D
Back to top Go down
Shahn

Shahn

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:24 am

same here have a good sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Kudach

Kudach

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:34 am

Haha Almost posted this info, good thing I pay attention. lol

Great find and its very informative
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:38 am

chickenbranches wrote:
hmm this is interesting. I would like to see some confirmation from cryptic on this. I previously believe that engineers were tanks but this says otherwise so yea im not sure what to believe atm.

So, this article is linked to officially from the STO website. So it's a fair assumption that Cryptic supports what is said.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:52 pm

I can totally relate to boring family members to tears with talk of Trek/MMOs. Heck, just this past Thanksgiving, I was trying to explain to a relative the concept of an MMO. Since pretty much the entire rest of my family (except for my younger brothers and my dad) doesn't have a problem with Trek, but they aren't really into it, it was unbelievably hard to boil-down STO to a few bullet-points while trying to work-in a brief explanation of MMOs at the same time. It also didn't help that my brothers kept chiming-in with information that I was getting to AND they usually spent half of their comments using acronyms that the layman would have NO clue whatsoever what they are talking about. Example: the term MMORPG was met with a blank stair and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Back to top Go down
Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 5:03 pm

U said it's cool.

It's Cool

lol!
Back to top Go down
Shahn

Shahn

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:18 am

Kugis Borgir wrote:
I can totally relate to boring family members to tears with talk of Trek/MMOs. Heck, just this past Thanksgiving, I was trying to explain to a relative the concept of an MMO. Since pretty much the entire rest of my family (except for my younger brothers and my dad) doesn't have a problem with Trek, but they aren't really into it, it was unbelievably hard to boil-down STO to a few bullet-points while trying to work-in a brief explanation of MMOs at the same time. It also didn't help that my brothers kept chiming-in with information that I was getting to AND they usually spent half of their comments using acronyms that the layman would have NO clue whatsoever what they are talking about. Example: the term MMORPG was met with a blank stair and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

lol that gets annoying
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Oh yeah, but I try to be as patient as I can because most of my family doesn't play video games of any sort so I can understand how that would leave them a bit out of the loop.
Back to top Go down
Shadowfox1701

Shadowfox1701

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:11 pm

heh I saw the new interview and I've decided on the Combat engineer. I think I'm gonna love having some battlefield wide control. *thinks evil thoughts* Oh yeah. that's going to be fun. Twisted Evil
on a side note, I like to tank/heal and will probably have tactical and science alts for those roles once my main is of sufficient rank and skill to allow me to focus on an alt. =P
Back to top Go down
BrelTurrin

BrelTurrin

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:59 pm

To avoid adding another thread ill add some more info to this one Smile First of all is the new fleet action vid up on IGN

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14270158/star-trek-online/videos/startrekonline_trl_fleetactions.html

Then theres part 2 of this mmorpg.com preview talking about player bridges and crew

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/352/feature/3792/Star-Trek-Online-Bridges-Bridge-Officers-Preview.html

Definately cool stuff Smile I'm getting more excited by the day!
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Sweet
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:20 am

STO just keeps getting better and better and I haven't even played it yet! We're all exited about the release content, can you guys imagine what Cryptic has in store post-release?
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:03 am

Dietskittles wrote:
STO just keeps getting better and better and I haven't even played it yet! We're all exited about the release content, can you guys imagine what Cryptic has in store post-release?

I've got my money on Ewoks. Razz
Back to top Go down
guinness

guinness

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:05 am

Kugis Borgir wrote:
Dietskittles wrote:

Would that be similar to Galaxies NGE but E for Ewoks.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:12 am

guinness wrote:
Kugis Borgir wrote:
Dietskittles wrote:

Would that be similar to Galaxies NGE but E for Ewoks.

E is for Ewoks, that's good enough for me. lol
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:32 am

Ewoks? That would be totally awesome.

But that would have to be a special download thing or Star Trek would have to do some insane merger with Star Wars and we all know the horrors that would entail.

*shudder*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More cool info I haven't seen until now.   More cool info I haven't seen until now. Empty

Back to top Go down

More cool info I haven't seen until now.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
44th Fleet :: Fleet Command :: General Discussions-
Jump to: