44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Games everyone playing

Go down 
+7
Lexor90
asrock
Kudach
Kugis Borgir
Dondead
sprucebr
Durgan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Durgan

Durgan

Games everyone playing Empty
PostSubject: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:59 pm

I know this questions probably already been asked but i figure if not start here. I just wanna get a idea what everyone is playing right now so that maybe we can get some game time in before sto and get to know everyone a litle better. So if you want put up a list of what your playing in your free time and go from there.

Im currently playing
Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2
Red Faction 2

Theese are only the most current ones i have many otheres installed and am willing to buy anyting else and if enough people play a mmo i love to get into another one of thoose.
Back to top Go down
sprucebr

sprucebr

PostSubject: Games everyone is playing   Games everyone playing EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Currently I can't wait for STO, but right now I'm playing:

Assassin's Creed 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Call of Duty: MW 2

Beat the single player for MW2.
Back to top Go down
Dondead
Vice Admiral
Dondead

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Waiting for Mass Effect 2, and of course (above all else) STO!

But Rock Band 2 on the Xbox 360, is still fun after all this time! Very Happy
Must have something like 350 songs on that game by now (most are downloadables).

Anyone want to join?
Here’s my Xbox live tag: D0ND34D

Oh and I've also been playing Champions Online the past weeks (on the pc of course).
Back to top Go down
http://supersly.hyves.nl/blog/13214728/Social_Decay/mxYk/
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 8:04 pm

I'm in the same "can't wait for STO" boat, but here's what I'm playing (some games more frequently than others) in the meantime:

On Steam:

• Half-Life 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Left 4 Dead 2 Demo
  • Mass Effect (Unfortunately, it's too laggy on my current video card (GeForce 8600 GT) to play despite my quad-core processor and 6GB of DDR3 RAM, so I'll have to wait until my video card is upgraded to get more than like 30 min into the game.)
  • Portal (I just recently beat it for the first time and I'm trying to get some more achievements or beat the advanced maps every now and then)
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (I highly recommend this game if anyone reading this hasn't heard of it before, despite the fact that it's a bit buggy the gameplay is hella fun.)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (I've played it quite a bit before, but just got it on steam today for $2.50 USD.)

Offline/Non-Steam:

• Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - The Dark Crusade
  • Star Trek Armada II
  • Star Trek Bridge Commander
  • Elite Force II
  • Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
  • Castlevenia: Symphony of the Night (PSP)
  • Deus Ex (I've been meaning to finish this one for years, but just haven't gotten around to even installing it until today.)

I have a collection of other games too, but these are the ones that I just got or play the most frequently.

Last edited by Kugis Borgir on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kudach

Kudach

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Xbox 360:
Assassins Creed 2
CoD 4 (yeah.. i dont have the new modern war one yet)
Guitar Hero World Tour
Star Trek: Legacy

Computer:
SWG
Sins of a Solar Empire
Starshatter

This is what im playing
Back to top Go down
asrock

asrock

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:10 am

COD 1,2,4,5,6
Chronicles of Riddick
Hlaf-life
MOA
C&C
Crysis
BF2
Back to top Go down
http://cgcomputerz.com
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:37 am

mostly red faction guerilla and MW2
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:57 am

I also forgot to mention a few games that I occasionally play (from most to least played) on my PSP:

1. Final Fantasy VII
  2. Castlevenia: Symphony of the Night
  3. Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman
  4. Metal Gear Portable Ops
  5. Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command
  6. Final Fantasy I

I've also been thinking about getting the new God of War on the PSP for a while. The only problem with the demo (this may just be because I was running it off the flash card rather than a UMD) was that sometimes it lagged a little, but it looked almost as good as the PS2 version, so I was still pretty happy with it.
Back to top Go down
sealy

sealy

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Street Fighter IV
Back to top Go down
Nrrdboi

Nrrdboi

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:15 pm

im playing STO forums...lmao

Dragon Age:Origins
dabble in Mass Effect and Fear 2
occasionally do Fallout 3
Soul Calibur on the DC
Thinking of throwing in old school ST games from the nintendo days
Back to top Go down
AlphaSquirrel

AlphaSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 am

Counterstrike Source. :p Looking at rebuying ST: Armada if I can't find my copy.
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:11 am

You guys make me feel lame...

DS: Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario & Luigi Bowswer's inside story
Pokemon Diamond/Ranger Shadows of Almia
Metiod Prime Hunters

PS3: LittleBig Planet
Mirror's Edge

Game cube (yeah, I'm cool like that) jk
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda (original)

Can you tell I like Zelda? Wink
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:15 am

Dietskittles wrote:
You guys make me feel lame...

DS: Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario & Luigi Bowswer's inside story
Pokemon Diamond/Ranger Shadows of Almia
Metiod Prime Hunters

PS3: LittleBig Planet
Mirror's Edge

Game cube (yeah, I'm cool like that) jk
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda (original)

Can you tell I like Zelda? Wink

LOL don't worry I have played every single zelda game also. I can't stop playing link to the past though, one of the best parts of my childhood right there.
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:31 am

Lexor90 wrote:
LOL don't worry I have played every single zelda game also. I can't stop playing link to the past though, one of the best parts of my childhood right there.

Really?! That's one of my favorites! Oracle of Ages and Seasons were good too, but thay can't beat Link to the Past.

How many tries did it take you to beat the purple, blue, green, and red links? To me that was harder than the final boss!
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:40 am

When it comes to Zelda games it doesn't take me long to figure out how to beat a certain spot. It may take one or two attempts but I always go into a battle prepared when it comes to Zelda. I believe the first time I went up against the other links it took me two shots, one as a trial run then nailed it the second time. I usually figure it out the first time through but I think that one needed a go through to see the patterns.

EDIT: BTW I also love the Castlevania games. I have SotN on XBLA with 200/200.
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:51 am

Lexor90 wrote:
When it comes to Zelda games it doesn't take me long to figure out how to beat a certain spot. It may take one or two attempts but I always go into a battle prepared when it comes to Zelda. I believe the first time I went up against the other links it took me two shots, one as a trial run then nailed it the second time. I usually figure it out the first time through but I think that one needed a go through to see the patterns.

The first time i tried I was 9. I died...then I tried again and died...and again and again. I don't exactly know how many tries it took, just it being difficult.

So, what's your favorite Zelda game of all time?
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:08 am

hmm good question. . .I would have to say OoT and MM, but not in the way you might think. Those were the two games that my older sister and younger brother watched me play everytime I sat down to play it. I remember my sister talking about how great the games looked and even helped me now and then when it came to boss battles. The final fights with Ganon in OoT I remember she helped with that telling me to shoot the light arrow at certain points. The different masks in MM was a great gameplay addition adding to the limited time before the forced melody reset. She was really into the original Zelda and we think the same way when it comes to solving adventure games. We played all the Kings Quest and Carmen Sandiago games on PC. I think I was 7 or 8 when I was finally able to beat the first 4 Kings Quest games.
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:19 am

Lexor90 wrote:
. . .I think I was 7 or 8 when I was finally able to beat the first 4 Kings Quest games.

Your just like me in reverse! I would always watch my older brother play and help him when he was stuck. Yeah definitely OoT and MM. Those two games have alot of sentimental value. Carmen Sandiago was awesome too, my best friend and I would beat it over and over together. I actually played it recently, brought back alot of memories. Lol I'm only 16, but still. Hmm I'm unfamiliar with Kings Quest, is it worth checking out? (not implying the game's terrible)
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 am

LOL yea I am 25 so I have a good few years of gaming under my belt. King's Quest is perhaps one of the most well known Adventure Games to come from the Sierra Game Company. There were 8 incarnations of King's Quest. Although they will not run on recent computers but there is the King's Quest Collection (only the first 7) that will run but will need some coaxing. The last one was more of a distant sequel cause of the vast changes they made to the game itself and the character you play the game as. Also some fans have remade the first 3 King's Quest games with better graphics and an extended story. Sierra also made the Space Quest series which is basically the same as King's Quest but with a more futuristic atmosphere.

Yea my younger brother helped me in God of War 1. There was a spot near the end of the game where you have to get pandoras box and in one room there was a spiked rolling pin going around and I would be in that room wondering what to do. My brother walks by and first thing he says is to jump on top of the rolling pin and I seriously face palmed myself right then and there cause I did not see it until he said it.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Man, oh man, you people are just bringing up wave after wave of nostalgia for me; lol I'm only 22 and I already feel old. I never played King's Quest, though I've heard of it, but Just hearing reading the name Carmen Sandiego makes me think back to the days of 3.5" floppy disks and even before that, when I was using 5.5" floppies to play Math Blaster and Reader Rabbit on DOS. I've always been proud of myself that, even though I had no clue what it meant at the time, at the age of around 4 or 5, I was able to match-up the arcane symbols (letters Razz ) on an instruction sheet my Dad wrote down and launch the games (Math Blaster and Reader Rabbit) all by myself. As for Zelda, awesome games, all of 'em, well, almost all of 'em. Razz Ocarina of Time is my favorite Zelda and was the first game that really got me interested in puzzles that were more complex than the jig-saw type, be it video game or otherwise, so it holds a lot of personal significance. Even though the storyline wasn't nearly as good, in my opinion, I'm also a fan of Majora's Mask. I never played the gamecube Zelda games, mostly because I never owned a gamecube, at that point I was all about the PC games. I've heard good things about Twilight Princess, though.
Back to top Go down
Nrrdboi

Nrrdboi

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:06 pm

i was a big Zelda fan 25 years ago...lol...ouch...thats a long time ago

but i decided to load up Star Trek Legacy...that might curb the appetite a little bit from all this STO hub-bub
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:17 pm

http://www.agdinteractive.com/index.html - These guys remade the first and second Kings Quest games

http://www.infamous-adventures.com/ - They remade the third Kings Quest game

There was a group remaking the fourth one but that fell through. These fan remakes are pretty honorable to the memory but they do add some things to the overall story and environment that extend the time spent beating it. Back in the day the first one took me a good 30 minutes to beat but that was after numerous playthroughs.

BTW anyone subscribe to gameinformer? I got issue 200 and they did a top 200 games of all time according to them and I think I am going to make a separate thread about it and type up the actual list in numerical order.
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Lexor90 wrote:
...BTW anyone subscribe to gameinformer? I got issue 200 and they did a top 200 games of all time according to them and I think I am going to make a separate thread about it and type up the actual list in numerical order.

Thanks for the sites, I'll check them out. I subscribe to gameinformer! I love that one! Do you know why?

Because The Legend of Zelda made #1! I can't believe WoW beat Link to the Past by one none the less. (WoW #11, Link to the Past #12)

Sim city made 37, it used to be my favorite PC game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games everyone playing   Games everyone playing Empty

Back to top Go down

Games everyone playing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
44th Fleet :: Fleet Command :: General Discussions-
Jump to: