44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to the Role Play Forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

Welcome to the Role Play Forum Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Role Play Forum   Welcome to the Role Play Forum EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:08 am

Welcome to the Role-play forum. Role-Play in the 44th Fleet is strictly OPTIONAL, but this forum is provided for those that may want to RP while waiting for the launch of STO. Feel free to continue someone's thread, or start a new thread of your own.
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Role Play Forum   Welcome to the Role Play Forum EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:00 pm

So now that we actually have some activity here in the RP forum, I'd thought I would give some rules of etiquette.

1) You can always start a new thread for a new storyline.

2) If you don't want anyone else posting in your thread, please say so up front in the title - "Private RP".

3) If you do not say it's private up front, this implies that others can post in your thread.

4) If you are posting in someone else's thread, your post should relate in some way to the other characters in the thread. In other words, please don't hijack someone else's thread.

5) If you are posting in someone else's thread, please be respectful and do not write something about the other characters that cause them harm, inury, or cause them to do something that doesn't fit with their personality/bio.

Last edited by Latinumbar on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Intrepid
Admiral
Intrepid

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Role Play Forum   Welcome to the Role Play Forum EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Well said Admiral
Back to top Go down
Vampyre

Vampyre

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Role Play Forum   Welcome to the Role Play Forum EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Sorry my intentions where possibly alittl off. This is what I basicly ment. The captains Logs are sorta like a personal RP but at the same time others are welcome to join in at any time. This ofcourse as long as it ties in with the story.

Sorry if i sounded a littl tough on the guy.
Back to top Go down
guinness

guinness

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Role Play Forum   Welcome to the Role Play Forum EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Dumb question. This is basically perspective of a newb. While ivs rp'd during D&D campaign, and a little in asheronscall, I feel I would like to try out a thread, but I feel it would be amatuerish. I guess for this canon/universe what would you experienced rper's use as a guideline or like a 3 process step. I know myself and I would enjoy it, but I also know i over think. Is there such thing as too technical. Thanks for any help. SO far the fleet has been great to me and I would like to try to get involved in the rp thread.
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Role Play Forum   Welcome to the Role Play Forum EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:38 pm

guinness wrote:
Dumb question. This is basically perspective of a newb. While ivs rp'd during D&D campaign, and a little in asheronscall, I feel I would like to try out a thread, but I feel it would be amatuerish. I guess for this canon/universe what would you experienced rper's use as a guideline or like a 3 process step. I know myself and I would enjoy it, but I also know i over think. Is there such thing as too technical. Thanks for any help. SO far the fleet has been great to me and I would like to try to get involved in the rp thread.

No worries, man. Don't worry about it being too technical or "amatuerish". The purpose is to have fun. If you are stressing out about it, then it is not serving it's purpose. I do not consider myself an expert RPer, but here is what I would do.

1) Develop a Star Trek character. Come up with a name, ship, and race. (You'll need to do this for STO anyways, right?). Then give him/her a personality type.
2) Think about a plot/theme/story line. Sky's the limit here. You can be a "day in the life of a Starfleet officer". Or you can be sent on a particular mission of your choosing. Or you can incorporate elements from someone else's thread, and invite them to post on yours. Really, whatever you feel like.
3) Write chapter 1. Probably easier said than done. But it is often the hardest.

If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to speak up.
Back to top Go down
guinness

guinness

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Role Play Forum   Welcome to the Role Play Forum EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Thanks fort the response. Im not stressed, i just know i can get a bit obsessive(LOL). Maybe the tryptofan from turkey will help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Role Play Forum   Welcome to the Role Play Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Role Play Forum
Page 1 of 1