44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resource Managment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Resource Managment Empty
PostSubject: Resource Managment   Resource Managment EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:35 pm

So I'm still in class and the forums are still the best use of my time and while I was bored silly hearing about the UAC system in Windows Vista, I got another idea that may be a bit early to start talking about and people may or may not go for. My plan is basically to start a new section of the forums titled "Resource Requisition" or something of the like and have someone be the fleet quartermaster. My hope is that if this system is implemented it will help to manage our resources in a way that will ensure fair distribution (ex. nobody complaining about "but i asked for that ore first!" or whatever since all requisition requests will have a timestamp and will be public) and let people know at a glance what we have to work with. I'm sure there could be other uses for this system but before anyone decides on anything I would like to hear what people think.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Webster
Fleet Admiral
Admiral Webster

Resource Managment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Managment   Resource Managment EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:55 pm

Keep those creative fires burning there Ensign... Very Happy

The command staff will take this idea under advisement...but it does sound like a good idea. Instead of a quartermaster it would probably be a shipyard foreman or something like that........
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

Resource Managment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Managment   Resource Managment EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:59 pm

From the STO website:

Quote :
Q: Will there be an economy?
A: Many of the details are still in the works, but yes, there will be an economy that makes sense in the Star Trek universe. Since the Federation has explicitly done away with money, expect bartering and trading of goods to be an important part of the economy. Less tangible forms of economics such as Reputation are also not out of the question.

I think we will eventually need someone to be quartermaster/resource manager. We probably don't need a whole division. As the game hasn't launched yet, I'm not sure how detailed these resources will be. We may need 2 people depending on how deep the economy is.

As an aside, although the Federation doesn't use 'money', money does exist in the Star Trek universe in other races ie Latinum. I wonder how Quark's bar made any profit from Federation officers.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Resource Managment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Managment   Resource Managment EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:36 am

Latinumbar wrote:
I wonder how Quark's bar made any profit from Federation officers.

As I recall this was a frequent complaint that Quark had, but here's how it all went down: Quark made no latinum from the Federation, however they also did not charge him for rent or energy consumption or replicator use on the condition that he gave the Feds free drinks and holosuite use, this allowed him to charge outrageous prices to all the aliens that that were passing through for whatever reason and in the end (after he paid his staff and the dabo girls) he ended up earning about what a normal bar would anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

Resource Managment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Managment   Resource Managment EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:19 pm

So, now that we have a few more members, I think maybe it's time to resurrect this thread and start everyone brainstorming about how we ought to manage the fleet's material resources. Have at it!
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

Resource Managment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Managment   Resource Managment EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:46 pm

The guild I am GM of on WoW made it so that if you needed a resource for a purpose that would help yourself better contribute to the guild then you were allowed to have it. The atmosphere of allowing people to have what they needed encouraged them to contribute something back to the fleet which is a system that only works if you have the right group of people. You could have a forum that list certain things that the guild needs and rewards whoever manages to aquire those materials for the guild. But seeing as how we dont know how the economy will work, its hard to make a valid system that will work atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resource Managment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resource Managment   Resource Managment Empty

Back to top Go down

Resource Managment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
44th Fleet :: Fleet Command :: General Discussions-
Jump to: