Share | 

44th Fleet Vent Server

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Krulle

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Kugis Borgir wrote:
Hmmm... that's not too bad of a price and if my plans fall through, that will probably be the way to go. However, sooner or later (probably just after x-mas since I'm going to get about a month off then) I ought to have some free time and spare cash and that means I'll get an itch to start some kind of project. I've also been planning for the longest time to rebuild a half-cannibalized computer I have lying around, so I figured that I might as well combine the two. Not to mention, who can honestly say they would rather pay for something than have it for free? lol

yup I couldn't agree more, if I had a spare computer I'd do the same. Though the 2 comps i have are for me and the wife and my daughter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Ah, the family computers, I remember all too well the crap that one must put up with in that system. Having to negotiate for a time-slot, finding out that the computer is all virused-up when you finally get your time-slot, spending your time-slot on matinance (de-virusing, defragmenting, getting the spyware off the computer, basically making it not suck) and then the cycle begins anew; you have my sympathies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krulle

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Kugis Borgir wrote:
Ah, the family computers, I remember all too well the crap that one must put up with in that system. Having to negotiate for a time-slot, finding out that the computer is all virused-up when you finally get your time-slot, spending your time-slot on matinance (de-virusing, defragmenting, getting the spyware off the computer, basically making it not suck) and then the cycle begins anew; you have my sympathies.

well the comp I use is not allowed to be used by anyone but me for that specific reason. the "other" comp can get w/e it wants and if it gets bad i'll just format it i suppose. they dont do much on it atm though so all they do really is go to pogo.com or something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Good call, I'm glad to hear it's not that bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampyre

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Vent is a nice tool to use for Voice chatting. I have used it many times in WoW. The huge thing is either make it a requiremt to join this fleet meaning not only the program but a microphone to talk. This can be trublesome due to age issue or laguage used. Alot of game guild require both of these to even be considered. Vent is great but can be costly if no one ever uses the thing.

The second suggestin is a Teamspeak server. These are free and can have unlimited people on them. But there is a bit of lag involved and its hard to tell who will be talking next. Alot od stepping over poeple. Eith way both work fine.

If needed i have no issue lending a hand on the renting of a vent server. i would be glad to donate funds for the server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:58 pm

yea i completely agree that vent is a very nice tool. I already gave the info to my vent which I pay for and the fleet is welcome to use, but thanks for the offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLeaf

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:05 pm

I'm on it right now. My mic is a bit brocken though. Care to join me Branches?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:11 pm

just got on it and anyone else is welcome to come, in the star trek online channel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:55 pm

One thing to think about before we all make a commitment to a vent server (which surprisingly didn't hit me until now) is that STO may actually come with a good built-in voice deal. (Unlike the one in WoW, which I have never personally used, but I hear it's terrible.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 pm

They may come out with one, but no plans to do so at the moment from what I can tell. Even if they come out with one like may other mmos have, most people still use vent/ts instead because you dont have to be in the game to be on the voice server. Vent will also still have more flexibility in its settings then an in game voice program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:08 pm

Good points, I guess unless STO comes with some amazing new VOIP program that runs independently of the game, vent will probably be the way to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 44th Fleet Vent Server   

Back to top Go down

44th Fleet Vent Server
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2