44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Calling All Voyager Fans!

Go down 
+8
chickenbranches
Jack_Sparrow
Kugis Borgir
BrelTurrin
Durgan
Lexor90
Latinumbar
Dietskittles
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

Calling All Voyager Fans! Empty
PostSubject: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:02 am

I came across this in the STO forums under Non-STO discussions. I just thought you guys might like it =)

It's titled: Reasons why Janeway is better than Picard

1.One word: hair
2.More hair than all previous Star Trek commanding officers combined.
3.Drinks coffee, not that sissy "Earl Grey" stuff.
4.Beams down to the planet like real Captains should.
5.Mutes the doctor when the doctor gets out of line.
6.Hasn't let an adolescent pilot the Federation flagship -- yet.
7.Commanded ships blown up: Picard: 2 Janeway: 0
8.Voyager needs a female Captain. Its Captain must be willing to admit they're lost and pull over for directions.
9.Picard likes to talk his way through. Janeway likes to punch her way through.
10.Hasn't quoted Shakespeare -- yet.
11.Looks better in sleepwear.
12.Isn't French with an English accent.
13."Take this cheese to sickbay!" I don't know why this is here, either, but I loved that line!
14.Will give you two days off to ponder your lifeshattering experience.
15.When Janeway lands her ship, it can take off again.
16.Janeway says "I don't like you!" to her enemies instead of trying to convince them to behave better.
17.To comfort children, Janeway cares for them in a loving motherly way. Picard sings a song...in French...about a monk...who can't wake up for morning bells.
18.The only children on Voyager can be turned off at will.
19.Janeway has a First Officer with a tattoo.
20.She doesn't have any pesky Federation Admirals to get in her way.
21.Three words: Compression Phaser Rifles.
22.Acknowledges freely when she breaks the Prime Directive instead of trying to weasle her way out of it with philosophical ramblings.
23.30 episodes without surrendering the ship.
24.30 episodes and Wesley has yet to save the ship.
25.Janeway's holo programs create useful things like doctors and lungs. Picard's holodecks create maniacal evil geniouses who yet again take over the ship.
26.She doesn't need to straighten her uniform every time she stands.
27.Janeway has never worn green tights and frolicked about in Sherwood Forest. However, if she did, she would look fantastic!
28.Kirk looked good in ripped shirts; Picard looked good without a shirt; Janeway would look... no, they can't do that on network television.
29.Cheese
30.Doesn't force her crew to wear awful outfits, unless it is to blend in with a primitive planet.
31.She doesn't waste time learning foreign languages. All lifeforms in the Delta Quadrant speak perfect English.
32.Her engineer does not wear a bananna clip over her eyes.
33.Slouches in her chair even in critical life-threatening moments.
34.Doesn't have a Counselor on board (thank God!).
35.Her telepath only lives nine years.
36.Janeway heard the words "boldly go where no man (er, woman) has gone before" and took them to the extreme.
37.45,000 light-years is one thing. Every point in the universe instantaneously? That's excessive!
38.Picard tells alien cultures, "I hope our two cultures will one day come to a greater understanding." Janeway threatens them with "the deadliest of force".
39.Janeway's Security Chief would never grow a ponytail.
40.The high point of Enterprise cuisine were scrambled eggs that only Worf could stomach.
41.Janeway doesn't have to point which way to go when they set off.
42.Maintains an elaborate hairdo that would baffle even Princess Leia.
43.Has mastered facial expression understood by all to mean, "Boy, Paris, are YOU ever stupid."
44.Cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese. I can't help myself!
45.Hugs her Vulcan from time to time.
46.Has a more manly voice.
47.Doesn't have a starship that splits in half when it's in a tight spot.
48.Has a dog and a significant other, not some damn fish!
49.Kes. Troi. No contest.
50.Neelix. Replicator. Ok, this one's debatable.
51.At least she doesn't have to yell "Hot!" at her cook every time she wants something to drink.
52.Her ship has neat-looking folding warp nacelles.
53.Her CONN officer actually went through the Academy.
54.Her CONN officer can use contractions.
55.Her first officer has a halucinogenic device.
56.None of the crew members' relatives have ever tried to take over the ship, invade the Federation, steal a starship, or enslave all humankind.
57.To help her relax, Janeway's first officer helps her contact her spirit guide. Picard's first officer helps him get . . . to Risa.
58.Riker never smiled at Picard that way.
59.Q asked Janeway to run away with him and she refused. Q asked Picard's girlfriend to run away with him and she accepted.
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:08 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:26 am

one word. . .wow.
Back to top Go down
Durgan

Durgan

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:30 am

Someone with a little to much time on there hand, i have a con though (No AI bridge officer) i know they have the doctor but data FTW.
Back to top Go down
BrelTurrin

BrelTurrin

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:31 pm

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:16 pm

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _________
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./ It’s a trap! \
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _,,,--~~~~~~~~--,_ . . . .\ ._________/
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :º ‘-, . . \/. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . .,-‘ :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : : Surprised : ‘-, . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : : :O ‘-, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .,-‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : , : : :º :::: :::: ::’; . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .,-‘ / / : :: :: :: :: : : :::: :::-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;\ . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . /,-‘,’ :: : : : : : : : : :: :: :: : ‘-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;;| . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . /,’,-‘ :: :: :: :: :: :: :: : ::_,-~~,_’-, ;; ;; ;; ;; | . . . . . . .
. . . . . _/ :,’ :/ :: :: :: : : :: :: _,-‘/ : ,-‘;’-‘’’’’~-, ;; ;; ;;,’ . . . . . . . .
. . . ,-‘ / : : : : : : ,-‘’’ : : :,--‘’ Neutral| /,-‘-‘--‘’’__,’’’ \ ;; ;,-‘ . . . . . . . .
. . . \ :/,, : : : _,-‘ --,,_ : : \ :\ ||/ /,-‘-‘x### ::\ \ ;;/ . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . \/ /---‘’’’ : \ #\ : :\ : : \ :\ \| | : (O##º : :/ /-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . /,’____ : :\ ‘-#\ : \, : :\ :\ \ \ : ‘-,___,-‘,-`-,, . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . ‘ ) : : : :’’’’--,,--,,,,,,¯ \ \ :: ::--,,_’’-,,’’’¯ :’- :’-, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .) : : : : : : ,, : ‘’’’~~~~’ \ :: :: :: :’’’’’¯ :: ,-‘ :,/\ . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .\,/ /|\\| | :/ / : : : : : : : ,’-, :: :: :: :: ::,--‘’ :,-‘ \ \ . . . . . . . .
. . . . .\\’|\\ \|/ ‘/ / :: :_--,, : , | )’; :: :: :: :,-‘’ : ,-‘ : : :\ \, . . . . . . .
. . . ./¯ Neutral \ |\ : |/\ :: ::----, :\/ Neutral/ :: :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : ‘’-,,_ . . . .
. . ..| : : :/ ‘’-(, :: :: :: ‘’’’’~,,,,,’’ :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : : : :,-‘’’\\ . . . .
. ,-‘ : : : | : : ‘’) : : :¯’’’’~-,: : ,--‘’’ : :,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : ,-‘ :¯’’’’’-,_ .
./ : : : : :’-, :: | :: :: :: _,,-‘’’’¯ : ,--‘’ : : : : : : : : : : : / : : : : : : :’’-,
/ : : : : : -, :¯’’’’’’’’’’’¯ : : _,,-~’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : Neutral : : : : : : : : :

: : : : : : :¯’’~~~~~~’’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :

EDIT: Aw, that didn't work out quite as well as I expected... it's kinda hard to tell with the way it got formatted, but that's supposed to be Admiral Ackbar saying "It's a trap!"
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:55 pm

even without reading that comment I knew that was the admiral from star wars lol.
Back to top Go down
Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:32 pm

I saw this on STO forums.
It's cool. Laughing
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:16 pm

Janeway FTW!
I also guessed it was admiral ackbar before reading the comment.
Back to top Go down
asrock

asrock

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Well done on both te pictures and the list
Back to top Go down
http://cgcomputerz.com
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:39 pm

I just stole mine from a google search of "Admiral Ackbar ASCII art" lol
Back to top Go down
Dietskittles

Dietskittles

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 am

asrock wrote:
Well done on both te pictures and the list

Why thank you. Very Happy

I have no idea who wrote it...
Back to top Go down
Nrrdboi

Nrrdboi

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:23 pm

yes that person had waaaay too much time on their hands...but surprisingly accurate yet funny and a tad disturbing at the same time Shocked
Back to top Go down
sealy

sealy

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Picard has no real competition.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:30 pm

sealy wrote:

Bah, I wholeheartedly disagree, I've stayed pretty quiet about this thread since most people have been stating their opinions and preferences, but I just can't agree with saying he has no competition. Razz I mean, comeon, aside from sitting like a woman (referring to how he crosses his legs) and being so prim/proper, Picard has quite a few moments that clearly make him a badass. I also feel that I should note this is not a Janeway bashing post, even though I rate the captains as follows: (Picard = Kirk) > Sisko (but, barely below Picard/Kirk) > (Janeway = Archer).
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:46 pm

oooo man so hard to resist fighting back to defend janeway who I think to be the best captain. However, I will say that Picard seemed to fail in that Will gave at least half of the commands on the bridge while the captain sat back in his chair Smile
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:10 pm

chickenbranches wrote:
oooo man so hard to resist fighting back to defend janeway who I think to be the best captain. However, I will say that Picard seemed to fail in that Will gave at least half of the commands on the bridge while the captain sat back in his chair Smile

lol It's true, Picard definitely had a much less adamant command style, but one could argue that Picard's style of command had it's advantages. Giving the bridge officers more latitude and allowing them to give some of the orders made for a much more diverse range of opinions. It should also be noted that they were in very different situations. Picard was commanding the Federation's flagship, mostly in friendly territory, on a bigger ship, with a full complement of Starfleet's finest at almost any given time and it was also a bit of a "teaching" ship that encouraged bridge officers to learn from each other because they had the luxury of location and resources. Janeway on the other hand, was trapped on the other side of the galaxy, had to struggle (not to say there was a lack of effort) to keep the ship running, it was a smaller ship that (only including the ones that survived) had about 1/10 of the crew on a Galaxy class, they did not have the luxury of Starfleet resources or reinforcements and at first Janeway had to worry about the Maquis crew members potentially rebelling. The bottom line of all of these factors is that Janeway needed to take a very active role in command, even if she didn't want to, in order for the ship to survive. This is in pretty stark contrast to Picard's circumstances, which were so different that he was able to cut his officers quite a bit more slack and was probably encouraged by Starfleet to do so.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that with so few crew, there was hardly any need for Janeway to delegate command decisions, whereas for Picard, it would have been quite a chore to always be right on-top of all the commands to the various departments that need to be issued.
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:16 pm

Well I am all for giving bridge officers a chance to give their opinions and what not. Picard did it on the bridge, janeway did it in the briefing room and other places. She gave her crew plenty of opportunity to give opinions and take charge of their own projects like when tom build the delta flyer or when kim/seven built the astrometrics lab. I think when it comes to the bridge, command structure should be followed more strictly. She also gave others the chance to command because as you know, kim got to be in command of some of the night shifts. However, it was a small ship with limited room for advancement so she did the best she could with what she had.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:21 pm

chickenbranches wrote:
Well I am all for giving bridge officers a chance to give their opinions and what not. Picard did it on the bridge, janeway did it in the briefing room and other places. She gave her crew plenty of opportunity to give opinions and take charge of their own projects like when tom build the delta flyer or when kim/seven built the astrometrics lab. I think when it comes to the bridge, command structure should be followed more strictly. She also gave others the chance to command because as you know, kim got to be in command of some of the night shifts. However, it was a small ship with limited room for advancement so she did the best she could with what she had.

Your absolutely right, I was just thinking in terms of what happened on the bridge, but Janeway did give her crew plenty of opportunities for voicing opinions and projects. Also, the previous post in no way tried to diminish Janeway's accomplishments.
Back to top Go down
sealy

sealy

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:39 pm

Kugis Borgir wrote:
sealy wrote:

Bah, I wholeheartedly disagree, I've stayed pretty quiet about this thread since most people have been stating their opinions and preferences, but I just can't agree with saying he has no competition. Razz I mean, comeon, aside from sitting like a woman (referring to how he crosses his legs) and being so prim/proper, Picard has quite a few moments that clearly make him a badass. I also feel that I should note this is not a Janeway bashing post, even though I rate the captains as follows: (Picard = Kirk) > Sisko (but, barely below Picard/Kirk) > (Janeway = Archer).

I think you misunderstood. By saying he has no real competition I meant he is by far the best captain in the series. I am not a fan of Janeway at all.

My list goes like this:
Picard
Sisko
Kirk
Janeway

I can't comment on Archer because I never watched Enterprise.
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:17 pm

sealy wrote:

I think you misunderstood. By saying he has no real competition I meant he is by far the best captain in the series. I am not a fan of Janeway at all.

Oh, lol, my bad. ^^0

EDIT: I was thinking in terms of can't compete, I think had something to do with not being sober at the time I read the post... or did I read that when I was too sober? lol Either way I wasn't toasted just the right amount. Razz
Back to top Go down
sprucebr

sprucebr

PostSubject: Calling all VOY fans.   Calling All Voyager Fans! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:39 pm

Quite Interesting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Voyager Fans!   Calling All Voyager Fans! Empty

Back to top Go down

Calling All Voyager Fans!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
44th Fleet :: Fleet Command :: General Discussions-
Jump to: