44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I have been thinking..

Go down 
+2
chickenbranches
Kudach
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kudach

Kudach

I have been thinking.. Empty
PostSubject: I have been thinking..   I have been thinking.. EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:21 pm

I have been watching a lot of diffrent MMORPGS lately and ive noticed that STO doesnt really have a Cinematic Trailer to get peoples attention.
If Cryptic made a Cinematic Trailer like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4iL5uUDf5I&feature=related (im talking consept wise) it would bring in more people to the game I think.

But anyway what are your thoughts about Cinematics for STO and what are your ideas.

Let the discussion begin

**I'm not saying STO doesnt have Cinematics or the STO sucks**
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: I have been thinking..   I have been thinking.. EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:24 pm

I am guessing they will release more when its open beta or closer to that but who knows.
Back to top Go down
guinness

guinness

PostSubject: Re: I have been thinking..   I have been thinking.. EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Personally the new ship tactics footage from alpha or beta are more promising. Usually there not overlly rerenederd and show the true engine at work.
Back to top Go down
Kudach

Kudach

PostSubject: Re: I have been thinking..   I have been thinking.. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:11 am

Yeah the tactic vids are good and show the game at work, but it not a Cinematic Trailer
Back to top Go down
Shahn

Shahn

PostSubject: Re: I have been thinking..   I have been thinking.. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:02 am

I am in aggreance with Kudach about the trailer
Back to top Go down
Durgan

Durgan

PostSubject: Re: I have been thinking..   I have been thinking.. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:45 pm

I'd much rather have lots of game play footage over a dressed up video so you know what you geting, it might bring in more but then if it doesn't keep up with the video standards it could get you a bad name.
Back to top Go down
Kudach

Kudach

PostSubject: Re: I have been thinking..   I have been thinking.. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:07 pm

Yeah its good to see what the game looks like when played, but it's also cool to see a guy whip out a phaser and blast a Klingon in the head and beam up to his ship for a epic battle.
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: I have been thinking..   I have been thinking.. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:12 am

The opening cinematic for WoW before it came out really drew me in and yea I definately think Cryptic needs a good opening cinematic that they can show off to get peoples attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have been thinking..   I have been thinking.. Empty

Back to top Go down

I have been thinking..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
44th Fleet :: Fleet Command :: General Discussions-
Jump to: