44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a reminder.............

Go down 
+7
Kugis Borgir
Intrepid
waltflowers
Vampyre
BrelTurrin
Carlitosway
Admiral Webster
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Admiral Webster
Fleet Admiral
Admiral Webster

Just a reminder............. Empty
PostSubject: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:49 am

Although it is great that everyone has been active on our Fleet website, the activity our recruitment thread on the STO website is been somewhat......lacking. It is required of all Fleet member to be active on BOTH threads. Even if your just stopping in to bump the recruitment thread. The main focus of the recruitment thread is to do just that...recruit. And we will have better exposure to all perspective recruits if we are constantly on the 1st page and not the 2nd or 3rd.

Also, if your Fleet avatar and signature have not been uploaded on the STO website do this as soon as you can.

That is all.....

Admiral Webster
Back to top Go down
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:56 am

Admiral Webster, I am not disagreeing with you but have an idea. Why don't we have a Recruitment Division in the fleet? This way their total focus would be on recruiting new members for the 44th Fleet. This was a question and suggestion at the same time sir as I am curious. Thanks for your time and Input.
Back to top Go down
BrelTurrin

BrelTurrin

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:38 pm

There is a training and recruitment division but it's all vacant or people are inactive. Guess it's not a popular choice when applying. So as a result our awsome Admirals get to pick up the slack.... And we should help them!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Webster
Fleet Admiral
Admiral Webster

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Lieutenant BrelTurrin is correct, there is already a Training and Recruitment division which Admiral Markoeta is commanding officer. STO is the official website for the game and the central hub to which all perspective recruits signup as members. We have a recruitment thread on that website to which we do most of our recruiting.
Back to top Go down
Vampyre

Vampyre

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:29 pm

All good things Admrial Webster come with time. With that being said it is rather hard to recuite as is with a game still not out to the genral population. Be lucky you have members that are willing to wait for the game. most of the time fleet that start off before the game launch do not last that long.

IMO we are doing great on the recruiting. atlest 1 member aday is not bad for a game thats not even out yet.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Webster
Fleet Admiral
Admiral Webster

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Couldn't agree with you more Ensign.
Back to top Go down
waltflowers

waltflowers

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:03 pm

true so true we need the very best for the the finest fleet
Back to top Go down
Intrepid
Admiral
Intrepid

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Ill admit, shamelessly, I'm guilty as charged.Embarassed I've been tryin to make a better effort on the STO thread though. So for all of you who are following my example, better follow my example of trying to post there more often too Smile
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:43 pm

*sigh* I'm guilty too, but not without good reason! Between the idiots on the STO forums, the flame wars that I just try to avoid, the severe lack of news updates or even rumors and school I've lost a lot of interest in those forums. I'll make an effort to do a bit more recruiting, though.
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 7:23 pm

yea I myself havent been over there much either for the same reason as kugis. Most game forums are just a bunch of trolling, fleet forums are ftw. I agree recruitment is important, but we do still want to be careful about who all we accept and we want to keep the numbers smaller then most fleets from what i can tell from our behaviour as a fleet. quality over quantity and if that means we get less members before the game actually starts, but we get to know them better by having them become active on our forums, then thats a worthy trade if you ask me. With my experience in WoW, the most reliable way of recruitment is by doing things with the potential recruits in game to get an idea of who they are before inviting them to my guild. Inviting someone to our fleet is a risk every time its done, because who knows what they may end up saying on public forums or how they behave. I just thought I would give my opinion on the matter of recruitment, thank you for reading this and yes I will try to be more active on the sto forums Smile
Back to top Go down
Dondead
Vice Admiral
Dondead

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 7:26 pm

chickenbranches wrote:
yea I myself havent been over there much either for the same reason as kugis. Most game forums are just a bunch of trolling, fleet forums are ftw. I agree recruitment is important, but we do still want to be careful about who all we accept and we want to keep the numbers smaller then most fleets from what i can tell from our behaviour as a fleet. quality over quantity and if that means we get less members before the game actually starts, but we get to know them better by having them become active on our forums, then thats a worthy trade if you ask me. With my experience in WoW, the most reliable way of recruitment is by doing things with the potential recruits in game to get an idea of who they are before inviting them to my guild. Inviting someone to our fleet is a risk every time its done, because who knows what they may end up saying on public forums or how they behave. I just thought I would give my opinion on the matter of recruitment, thank you for reading this and yes I will try to be more active on the sto forums Smile
Well said, couldn’t agree more.
Back to top Go down
http://supersly.hyves.nl/blog/13214728/Social_Decay/mxYk/
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 7:28 pm

I couldn't have put it better, chickenbranches. Amen to that!
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Yup. Agreed, CB.
Back to top Go down
Lexor90

Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Took the words right out of the keyboard CB. Can't tell you how many times I would log in and in trade channel see some new recruit bad mouth a guild they had just joined.
Back to top Go down
BrelTurrin

BrelTurrin

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 10:20 pm

Lexor90 wrote:
Took the words right out of the keyboard CB. Can't tell you how many times I would log in and in trade channel see some new recruit bad mouth a guild they had just joined.

DAS BOOT!

I think our recruitment method of taking everyone right now is a sound one. It seems like people either become part of the core or fade away. Once STO goes live and each division has thier leadership set in place then we should start interviewing and doing trial runs within the fleet at a cadet rank for a couple of weeks to see if they fit in before getting a commission. Right now were just trying to make as many friends as possible.
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 10:33 pm

partial edit to my previous comment. Since we cant do stuff with them in the game, a vent or chat box conversation would suffice as a way to judge the quality of new recruits. This is what I did back in my WoW days to find members and Vamp also recommended the idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.............   Just a reminder............. Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a reminder.............
Page 1 of 1