Carlitosway

PostSubject: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:06 am

deleted

Last edited by Carlitosway on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:20 am

You cant preorder directly through cryptic. I am puzzled by it some as well. I have not preordered something in a bit, do u get a code up front or not until u recieve the game? It may be just set up early.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 am

If you go to Amazon and look at their STO preorder bonuses it is suppose to net you a beta key and a borg drone officer. Now I am not saying we shouldn't give Amazon the benefit of the doubt here but after the fiasco with Cryptic I really do not have complete faith in this preorder offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 am

yea... I am just suprised that gamestop doesnt offer a beta key as well... I am not sure who I want to preorder with because of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:25 am

Yeah your probably right "set up early". Hopefully they can explain it better so we know. That would suck if you pre-ordered it like Gamestop or EB games and they won't give you a Beta Key. So, I am hoping something will turn up about what to do as we all want in on the Beta hehe Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:28 am

Well Gamestop isn't offering a beta key with preorder least I haven't seen it on their site yet. It might end up being an Amazon exclusive beta key offer but take it with a grain of salt cause like most I don't have all the answers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Latinumbar
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:05 am

Actually, gamestop is. Let me find the link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:10 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Latinumbar
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 am

OK, so there are lots of thread on STO talking about this. I also called my local GS store. Here is what I have.

This thread contains the following post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=34790
Quote :
Oh one point that needs to be cleared up, Open beta is just not for those who buy the CE, I got it from GS Corporate that it will be both standard and CE that gets the Open beta codes in January. That didn't stop me from ordering from Amazon, after thinking about it Borg 1st Officer trumps a Connie.

Now the link in the thread is no longer valid which makes me a little suspicious.

But I called my local store yesterday, and the guy told me that they would have open beta keys for STO.

Either way, I'm not waiting for shipping from Amazon, so it's a no brainer for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:21 am

This sucks when you pre-order from either Amazon or GameStop they offer different Bonuses with the game as this is what I found out:

Pre-order Star Trek Online
STO is available for pre-order already, with a list price of $50. Two retailers are offering special exclusives. Amazon is offering beta access and an exclusive Borg Bridge Officer. Amazon is currently taking pre-orders on Star Trek Online for $46.99

GameStop (list price of $49.99) is offering an a bonus Starfleet Constitution Class Starship, which is equipped with blue phasers and an extra engineering station mod slot.

The ABOVE to me is stupid, that means if you order from GameStop or anywhere else you won't get access to the Beta. And, if you do get the Beta Key you wont get the Constitution Class Starship with Blue Phasers and the extra Engineering Slot for Engineering. I personally don't know why they have to make us mad before launch when we have been waiting for years for this to finally happen. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desmond2411

PostSubject: Beta Keys and Pre-ordering   Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Agreed! However, I pre-ordered mine last evening from Gamestop, best way to go in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:21 pm

As much as I hate gamestop/EB/whatever the hell they are called these days (mostly just because of their prices on used games and most of the employees I've run into at said stores have no clue what they are talking about) I'll probably have to preorder from them pretty soon if I want in on that open beta... I just wish Best Buy would realize the marketing potential of offering better preorder perks than amazon/EB...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:23 pm

I totally agree with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corregador

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:17 am

What does having a Borg bridge officer do for you? Is it just a different mesh, or does it confer some kind of in-game benefit.

I'm not really jazzed about chugging around the galaxy in a century-old derelict, but having an extra engineering slot sounds like it would make it worth the humiliation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlitosway

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:52 am

Corregador wrote:
What does having a Borg bridge officer do for you? Is it just a different mesh, or does it confer some kind of in-game benefit.

I'm not really jazzed about chugging around the galaxy in a century-old derelict, but having an extra engineering slot sounds like it would make it worth the humiliation.

What does "Humiliation" have to do with STO? Personally I agree to having the extra engineering slot and a better ship than just have a borg stand at a station on a weak ship, byt that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guinness

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Just came from Best Buy. Got the box, says get a targ or tribble per, headstart and beta. 5 bucks aint bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Headstart? What do they mean by that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guinness

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:11 pm

The game servers usually go live a couple days before retail editions are on shelves. Usually it seems 3 day is a mmo standard. The best buy box just states access to beta and headstart, I beleive the tribble/targ is only receive if i put alive cdkey form best buy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrelTurrin

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:40 pm

I just pre-ordered the CE from EBgames (gamestop). Unfortunately Canadians are not going to be given any pre order bonuses such as the constitution class ship with engineering slot/ open beta access or the head start. But I do recieve the DS9/TNG grey shoulder uniforms which is kinda cool. To be honest I should be a lot more upset but I really have no control over my citizenship. I suppose I will get a taste of closed beta by the end of december then wait twiddling my thumbs until Feb 2. At least I have feb 3 and 4 off so I can do some catch up Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Thanks for the info and I must say, that's poppycock that they are denying Canadians various bonuses!

EDIT: To clarify since my wording was a little murky, I meant that EB's douchebagary is unfortunate, rather than trying to say the statement was poppycock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asrock

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:40 pm

Lexor90 wrote:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73923

doesn't say it there.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75981

not there either.

if you goto these liks from Lexor90 it states Reserve Star Trek Online and receive beta access, and 2-day early head-start access. Beta begins January 12, 2010 and runs through January 26, 2010. Early head start will begin on January 29, 2010. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: A beta activation code and download instructions will be emailed beginning 1/11/10.

Store Customers: A pre-order card containing a beta code and download instructions will be available in stores beginning in early January.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgcomputerz.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How We get the Beta Key For STO?   

Back to top Go down

How We get the Beta Key For STO?
Page 1 of 1