Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Character Name Changes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Character Name Changes   Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:35 pm

So, I've been thinking for a while now that I may have rushed a bit to pick a name for my character and since we're all eventually have to re-register(and start anew with our posts) I figured now would be as good of a time as any to let everybody know that when I re-register, I plan to change my character name. Both the first and last name of my character are actual names, however I've been thinking for a while now that maybe I should go with something a bit more common, more typical. I haven't figured-out what the new name will be yet, but I'll probably post a reply here when I do. If anyone else is thinking about doing the same, (changing character name when the forums officially move and not before, for continuity's sake) feel free to let everyone know about it on this thread and if you know, tell us what the new name will be. I also thought to mention that I'll be leaving my forum username the same (Kugis Borgir) partially for convenience, partially as a memorial to how awesome SWG (and my Zabrak (Master Smuggler/Master Pistolier)) were and partially because I haven't picked the new name yet, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrelTurrin

PostSubject: Re: Character Name Changes   Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:58 pm

It might be a good idea for everyone to re register as the name they plan to use in game. Would make it easier to identify everyone when the game comes out and we can get to know everyone better.

My character is also an omage to my swg character but I'm going to stick with this as my main.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Latinumbar
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Character Name Changes   Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:43 pm

That brings up some questions I had. How will we identify each other in game. We'll all have the same ship at first. I know you can name it, but you'd have to be pretty close to see some else's ship. Or am I way off here?

Also, I believe you will be allowed to have multiple characters.

btw, I will keep my current name when we move, and use it in game too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrelTurrin

PostSubject: Re: Character Name Changes   Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm pretty sure if you target a friendly ship it will tell you the name of the character/ship name/registry number/ship type all in a tool tip. Its this way in all other mmos so im assuming its the same here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Character Name Changes   Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Yeah, my bet is that they will integrate names into the HUD somehow as there have been countless variations on in RPG video games since, well, I suppose MUDs could count... kinda.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corregador

PostSubject: Re: Character Name Changes   Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:03 am

Kugis Borgir wrote:
So, I've been thinking for a while now that I may have rushed a bit to pick a name for my character and since we're all eventually have to re-register(and start anew with our posts) I figured now would be as good of a time as any to let everybody know that when I re-register, I plan to change my character name.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm not sure what name to use. I thought I might get some ideas from the Fleet.

My character will be a human male, born on Earth. He will have an Anglican name. He will be a scientist first, diplomat second, and soldier third. His passion will be exploring new worlds and discovering new cultures. When in combat he will tend to rely more on his cunning than outright battle tactics. Ideally the name should roll off the tongue - two syllables for the first name, and one for the surname.

Any suggestions?

And while we're at it, I'd be interested in your ideas for a ship name too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Latinumbar
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Character Name Changes   Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:36 am

Corregador wrote:
Kugis Borgir wrote:
So, I've been thinking for a while now that I may have rushed a bit to pick a name for my character and since we're all eventually have to re-register(and start anew with our posts) I figured now would be as good of a time as any to let everybody know that when I re-register, I plan to change my character name.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm not sure what name to use. I thought I might get some ideas from the Fleet.

My character will be a human male, born on Earth. He will have an Anglican name. He will be a scientist first, diplomat second, and soldier third. His passion will be exploring new worlds and discovering new cultures. When in combat he will tend to rely more on his cunning than outright battle tactics. Ideally the name should roll off the tongue - two syllables for the first name, and one for the surname.

Any suggestions?

And while we're at it, I'd be interested in your ideas for a ship name too.

Anglican, eh? How about Captain Peter Stark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Character Name Changes   Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:44 pm

While this isn't directly related, I found an interesting article here while looking for name ideas for Corregador and myself on google. The title of the article is "What's up with Chinese people having English names?" by Huan Hsu; I got about half way through and decided that I ought to let the fleet know this exists. Well, that's all I've got for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Name Changes   

Back to top Go down

Character Name Changes
Page 1 of 1