HomeEdenCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Xbox360/PC Gaming

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lexor90

PostSubject: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:04 am

Figured I'd make a thread about 360/PC gaming since it appears to me that some of us play 360. I'm curious to know what people are playing currently if anything and if we have similar games maybe we could get something together pending schedules and such. I know that I'm always down for some horde in GoW2 and playing some Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Right now though I'm playing Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena but I'm starting to lose interest in it. Hopefully Gamefly will send ODST next once I send Riddick back so I can play firefight on that. Even if you don't play 360 games if you have any favorite games on other systems feel free to post even if its from a system 20 years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:49 am

By far, the most fun I've ever had with a console would be x-mas '96. I was nine years old at the time and I remember setting my alarm clock the night before so I could rush down the stairs and tear open my shiny new N64 at the asscrack of dawn. At the time, I had just finished reading the junior novelization of Shadows of the Empire a few weeks earlier and I was so very glad that the stores didn't run out of N64 copies of Shadows. I mean, come on, what nine year old wouldn't have gone nuts at the opportunity to shoot stormtroopers in 3D for the first time? There were probably other 3D Star Wars shooters on the market at that point, but Shadows was the first one I had seen... but yeah, that was an awesome day... I was glued to the TV for just about every second of free time I had after getting that stuff for the rest of the winter and then some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:31 pm

Kugis Borgir wrote:
By far, the most fun I've ever had with a console would be x-mas '96. I was nine years old at the time and I remember setting my alarm clock the night before so I could rush down the stairs and tear open my shiny new N64 at the asscrack of dawn. At the time, I had just finished reading the junior novelization of Shadows of the Empire a few weeks earlier and I was so very glad that the stores didn't run out of N64 copies of Shadows. I mean, come on, what nine year old wouldn't have gone nuts at the opportunity to shoot stormtroopers in 3D for the first time? There were probably other 3D Star Wars shooters on the market at that point, but Shadows was the first one I had seen... but yeah, that was an awesome day... I was glued to the TV for just about every second of free time I had after getting that stuff for the rest of the winter and then some.

Wow i forgot about Shadows, I was 12 when it came out. I remember playing that with my cousin and trying to get every single award for each level. Boy that was one hard game back then and right up there with Goldeneye for one of the best N64 games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrelTurrin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:23 pm

Well my first experience with console gaming was back in '85 when I was 5 years old. I opened my gifts on christmas morning and freaked out when I saw the NES. They even got me the duck hunt version with the gun, kung fu and excitebike! I was hooked from then on... I was even the first kid on my block to beat mario Smile From then on I think i've owned ever console all the way up to ps2. After that I switched exlusively to computer gaming, getting into MMOs and sports games. Never really owned an xbox 360 or ps3... I found as i got older I couldnt hold an interest in console games for very long, they got boring and at 60 bucks a pop felt like a rip off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:32 pm

I had a N64. Very good system for it's time =P Right now I'm TRYING to finish Dead Space on the PC and want to start it on 360. I'm a Halo fan (Sci-fi ftw!) and a coddy fan with cod 4 and WaW. ODST has the suckiest campaign but the firefight mode is ok. My favourite game for N64 was The legend of zelda Oracania of time. Halo CE is still my all time favourite tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:40 pm

WOOT duck hunt boy I wanted to shoot that dog after a certain point. I think we got our nes in '88 and it was the one with the light gun and super mario/duck hunt cartridge. My big sister was a lot better back then with the nes games. She could beat mario in one sitting without having to resort to the warp pipes. Which sports games you play on the PC? We talk about MMO's and the like but I never played Everquest which surprises me a bit.

Yea ODST campaign was shitty but when it comes to FPS console games modes similar to Horde and Nazi Zombies are in my opinion some of the best multiplayer modes out there. A big HELL YEA for OoT that was a fun game but I couldn't find the last heart piece and that was the last thing I had to get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:51 pm

Dead Space is Dead Scary. It ruined my nerves. Anyone else here ever play it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:00 pm

JohnLeaf wrote:
Dead Space is Dead Scary. It ruined my nerves. Anyone else here ever play it?

Haven't played it yet but it is on my game list on Gamefly and I've played my fair share of horror games, like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube scared the shit outta me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrelTurrin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Well they stopped releasing the madden series on the PC so I might break down and get a 360. I play a lot of NHL10 and WoW at the moment. I also love Bioshock and am eagerly awaiting Bioshock 2. But the most i've ever gotten into a game would have to be WoW. I have 5 lvl 80s and my main raiding priest is 2nd best geared on the server. Although to be honest all this STO buzz has gotten me kinda sick of WoW. Haven't played much in the past week. I always knew I'd leave WoW when a scifi mmo came out because at my core, thats where i'm the biggest fan. Never enjoyed fantasy movies/games very much. Oh I've also been dabbling in Champions Online buts it too casual for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Yea I can relate to the whole WoW thing. Played for 4 1/2 years before it became real boring. Besides STO the only other MMO I can't wait to play is the Bioware Star Wars MMO. I am so being a Sith Warrior when that comes out. The Stargate MMO is shaping up and looking like it will be fun to play. I am always hopeful that the Dragonball MMO will come stateside within a year or 2 of it japanese release. Bioshock 2 is also something I wanna take a shot at on the 360. The first one was fun but I really lost interest fast in that one. The only sports games I really play now are the MLB games. After a while the Madden games for me lost my interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral Webster
Fleet Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:03 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought STO was only coming out for the PC and not both PC and 360.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:11 pm

It is only PC but in the Introductions thread a few people posted Xbox Live names. Also this is a good way to get familiar with each other through what games we play or played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:34 pm

By the way, I forgot to mention earlier that I do not have a 360 or a subscription to XBOX LIVE, but I do have a copy of Dawn of War II (a game I highly recommend to anyone who likes any combination of the following game genres: si-fi, RPG, action and RTS), which uses the Games for Windows LIVE stuff, my username is Kugis Borgir on there too and anyone with an XBOX LIVE account should be able to add me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corregador

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Lexor90 wrote:
It is only PC but in the Introductions thread a few people posted Xbox Live names. Also this is a good way to get familiar with each other through what games we play or played.

I'm "AgileDaddy" on Xbox Live, but the only game I'm playing right now is Batman: Arkham Asylum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chickenbranches

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Some of the best experiences with a console were defenitly from the N64. Mario kart, goldeneye, and starfox could keep me busy for quite some time. I had so many partys especially on new years where we would just play n64 all night long. The best time to play is when your tired imo, at that point everything is hillarious which greatly adds to the effect. Halo was also fun, tons of LAN partys for that over the years, none recently though Sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Lol yea I had a few of those N64 parties but it was mostly with the WCW/NWO wrestling titles. Those were some of the best wrestling games ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:42 am

Halo I love you I still hold by the idea that Halo CE is the best of all the games of Halo. It was amazing for the time and is still a great game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roberttrent

PostSubject: while waiting for sto   Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Since I pretty much have zero interest in wow these days trying dragon age orgins it isnt bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guinness

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:28 pm

Just got Left for Dead 2 and Dragon age today for $45 at target a piece.

Im Guinness Rogue on xbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:37 pm

Tohsdaeh666 = Xbox Live Name
Tohsdaeh696 = Steam Account

Yea completely forgot to put my account names down *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Oh yeah, I should probably put my account names down too:

steam: taroukun

xbox: Kugis Borgir (I don't actually have a 360 (I do have an xbox1 but it don't go online) but I do have Dawn of War II for Windows which requires a "Microsoft LIVE account which shows up on 360s)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Lexor90 wrote:
Tohsdaeh666 = Xbox Live Name
Tohsdaeh696 = Steam Account

Yea completely forgot to put my account names down *facepalm*

I tried to add you on my steam, but it said it couldn't find the account... weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roberttrent

PostSubject: steam   Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm

the only game I downloaded from steam was star wars knights of the old republic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugis Borgir

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:56 pm

roberttrent wrote:
the only game I downloaded from steam was star wars knights of the old republic.

You should get The Orange Box on steam, it's totally worth it, for $30 (USD) you get: Half Life 2, HL2: Episode 1, HL2: Episode 2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal. That would all cost $85 (USD) if you bought them separately and if you already have any one of those individually (I already had the HL2 CE when I got TOB) it says you have a gift copy which means if a friend of yours has (or signs-up for) steam, you can send them the gift copy and it's as good as giving them a legit CD-key.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lexor90

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 pm

lol doh I facepalm myself again I have so many usernames it is hard to keep track that one was for another game account that I don't use anymore. Steam is actually Yamato1984.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox360/PC Gaming   

Back to top Go down

Xbox360/PC Gaming
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next