44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet Roster Conference Room

HomeEdenLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BETA! Has arrived

Go down 
+5
Ryzar0306
JohnLeaf
Kugis Borgir
chickenbranches
Intrepid
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Intrepid
Admiral
Intrepid

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:14 pm

So closed beta officially started today.

Unfortunately I havent gotten a key so far... Anyone else have better luck?

Intrepid
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:27 pm

not yet but I hopefully soon!
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Hey, me too... honestly, I doubt I'll get in, but that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
JohnLeaf

JohnLeaf

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:34 pm

erm... anyone else here going to try a second email? I will if anyone else says yes. I REALLY want to get in. lol!

EDIT- That is, if it's even legal.

EDIT 2- Won't do it if it's not legal.
Back to top Go down
Ryzar0306

Ryzar0306

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:37 pm

I haven't received the acceptance either, but i'm hoping. Good luck to everyone. I know we're not allowed to say anything if we get in, but still, good luck to everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hobday
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they track IP addresses.
Back to top Go down
JohnLeaf

JohnLeaf

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:41 pm

I'm going to go read the exact T&C of STO right now.
Back to top Go down
JohnLeaf

JohnLeaf

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Quote :
Cryptic Studios has the right to terminate or suspend, and you have the right to cancel, your Account(s) at any time....

This is all I could find on either argument and it seems to state that it is possible to have multiple accounts! YAY US!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Official statement from Cryptic:

Quote :
Hi everyone!

We at Cryptic are all very excited to finally be going into Closed Beta for Star Trek Online! It's been a long time coming, and we can't wait to let you all have a chance to experience the Star Trek universe in a way that hasn't been possible until now.

Of course, now that you know we're in Closed Beta, you probably have a few questions, so let me explain how this works, and some of things we want you, our fans to know and understand.

First, let me talk about beta invitations. For every period of the beta, we have a set goal for the amount of players we have on the server during any play test. (Internally, we refer to this as our target CCU, or concurrent users.) This is done to ensure server stability during the play tests, as well as allow us to gather our beta testers' feedback in an efficient manner. When we raise our target CCU, we also send out more invitations. At first, the number of people in the closed beta is going to be very small. Over time we'll slowly invite more people in order to meet our ever increasing target CCU.

We also value your feedback, and we want to make sure that we have a wide variety of computer set ups, and people in the game. When we send out invitations, we choose who gets an invite based on demographics, and random sampling. If you have been guaranteed a beta slot, you are guaranteed to gain access during the course of the Closed Beta. Due to our requirements you may not make it into the first round or two of invites. But don’t worry: More invites are coming!

I also want to remind everyone about the NDA. All of our beta testers are required to sign and abide by a Non-Disclosure Agreement between Cryptic Studios and the individual Beta Tester. What this means is that if you are participating in the Closed Beta, you are not allowed to talk about the Closed Beta outside of the Closed Beta forums we have established here on the official website. We also highly recommend that you do not share with anyone that you are a beta tester. If you are found or believed to be in breach of the NDA, we will remove your access to the Closed Beta. Something none of us wants to do.

Once you are accepted to the beta, you will receive an e-mail notifying you that you have been invited. Also, if for some reason you do not get the e-mail, the "Apply Now" button on the main Star Trek Online page will change to notify you that you have been accepted, when you are logged in to the web site.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions,

Stormshade
Back to top Go down
Kugis Borgir

Kugis Borgir

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Now when they say that they "recommend" nobody even shares whether or not they are in the closed beta, is that just a recommendation or *Brando voice* are they making us an offer we can't refuse?
Back to top Go down
BrelTurrin

BrelTurrin

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:24 am

When I signed up for Champions Online I specifically took the 6 month sub for the beta guarantee. So i'm really looking forward to getting into the test phase. It's pretty funny how the entire STO community is absolutely freaking out that they didnt get thier beta key 2 seconds after the announcement. Patience here is key Smile Luckily I'm a patient man... well to a point Razz Last beta I was in was SWG and it was awsome (until the game died out after about 5 months).
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:32 am

BrelTurrin wrote:
When I signed up for Champions Online I specifically took the 6 month sub for the beta guarantee. So i'm really looking forward to getting into the test phase. It's pretty funny how the entire STO community is absolutely freaking out that they didnt get thier beta key 2 seconds after the announcement. Patience here is key Smile Luckily I'm a patient man... well to a point Razz Last beta I was in was SWG and it was awsome (until the game died out after about 5 months).

C-O-O-L-!!
Back to top Go down
Dondead
Vice Admiral
Dondead

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:33 am

Alas I haven’t been invited yet. But they said in their announcement, that they’ll periodically be inviting people to join in and share their feedback. So keep an eye on your email!

Makes me feel like I made the right choice, getting Champions Online last weekend (to keep me occupied while waiting for STO beta). Which is also the reason I’ve been a little less active on the forums the past week.
Back to top Go down
http://supersly.hyves.nl/blog/13214728/Social_Decay/mxYk/
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:36 am

Just to clarify my last comment. I have not received an invite. Sad scratch Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Admiral Webster
Fleet Admiral
Admiral Webster

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Patience is a virtue gentleman. I am sure one of us will be selected.
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Yea patience is nice and all and I should probably assume it but cryptic really needs to start answering some questions about when the subs are getting into the beta. When I bought the subscription they were advertising that wed be the first ones in the beta now they appear to have changed thier mind and they wont even give us some answers as to when they will include the rest of the subscription buyers... I just hope that they become better at responding to people and communication by the time the game comes out or else it could be in trouble or maybe im overreacting. thoughts opinions?
Back to top Go down
Latinumbar
Admiral
Latinumbar

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:00 pm

I think a lot of other people are complaining about the same thing. I'm not sure, but I don't think they ever said the subs would be the first ones in, but certainly a lot of people assumed it.
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Actually A dev did post that we would be first back when the offer would be made but now they claim that he was overstepping his ground so now its not official. O wellz, ill be good at refreshing websites and checking my mail every minute by the time this is over!
Back to top Go down
BrelTurrin

BrelTurrin

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:18 pm

There are probably way more CO subs than places available in beta at the moment, they are still easing in small groups in order to make it a smooth beta launch. This logic asside, I did get the distinct impression from thier advertisements with Champion's Online that it would be an immediate beta invite. Disclaimers such as they are giving now should have been disclosed in the beta giveaway advert. They must have made a small fourtune with all the 6 mo and lifetime subscriptions.
Back to top Go down
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 pm

yea im sure they did make a fortune... The thing that annoys me is yes theyve invite some of the CO subs in but they also have invited random applicants and other people who didnt pay a dime or just got lucky before bringing the rest of the subscribers in first.
Back to top Go down
BrelTurrin

BrelTurrin

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Hey I'm totally with you on this one. If they weren't able to fulfill thier promises then they should never have used a beta key to sell CO subscriptions. Sure now they are saying they need a proper sampling of different users/computer types and some long time forum posters are getting priority but where was this info a couple months ago? I would have likely went month to month with Champion's to test it out but commited to 6 months just because of STO. But that was my choice and I guess life isnt always fair. Been following this game's progress ever since perpetual had the license back in 2004... another couple weeks won't kill me Smile
Back to top Go down
Ryzar0306

Ryzar0306

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:32 am

Yeah... I didn't buy a subscription, but man I sure am jealous of those people who are already in and testing. Good luck to you guys who did buy one. I hope Cryptic honors the word of the Dev who made the announcement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hobday
chickenbranches

chickenbranches

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:21 am

yep, that would be nice. I just hope i get an invite before monday. I am volunteering at the air show this weekend anyways so I wont be able to play as much. Good luck to everyone who didnt buy a subscription as well, just dont get in the game before I do Smile lolz. Have a good weekend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BETA! Has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA! Has arrived   BETA! Has arrived Empty

Back to top Go down

BETA! Has arrived
Page 1 of 1